Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flower Power DT Challenge







No meeting this month!! BUMMER We just had to turn in a layout.

Can I just say that this is probably my favorite layout for my challenges so far. I know the pictures do not do this layout justice. Normally I do not praise my own work, but I really enjoyed doing this layout.

I just LOVE the new Heidi Swapp resist chipboard and invisibles. If you have the little ink pots, these two together are a match made in Scrapbook heaven. haha Then throw in the fact that I had one of my cute little grand daughter's in the layout. Once I decided what pictures I wanted to use, it all came together pretty easy.

For this challenge we had to use Heidi Swapp Resist Chipboard Sheet, Invisibles, and Chipboard shapes. The 4 challenges I used were:

1. use ribbon or strips of ribbon

2. Curl, fold paper and ink,distress.

3. Use lace

4. Create a 3 dimensional embellishment


I used Bazzill shiney cardstock for my bottom layer, then I painted the resist chipboard sheet with Cerulean Blue ink pot, let it dry some, then wiped the whole thing with a dry paper towel, where the swirls are the paint is wiped away, leaving the white. Matted my pictures with Bazzill white card stock.

For the ribbon ruffle, I sewed two layers of ribbon one on top of another with a gathering stitch and attached it with double sided red line tape.

The daisy border was cut on the Cricut (Walk in my Garden) I cut out a green card stock base, inked the edges, then I cut out the same daisy with the Invisible sheet with the polka dots. Used the ink pots on this also, Lemon Yellow and Frost White. Wiped them off, curled the edges of the flowers and pop dotted them to the base layer. The centers of the flowers are some epoxy stickers I had in my stash, from I don't know where. But I thought they finished the daisys great.

The title was cut out with the Cricut (Cutting Up) and pop dotted. The butterflies are HS chipboard shapes and were done with the ink pots also. I stuck pins in them for their antennas and pop dotted them on the layout.

The tag on the layout is something I had in my stash. I wrote Sara's name and the date(that's my journaling) But I did add some ribbon and a Heidi Swapp Crystal.

I had some lace that looked like little daisy's, so I cut them the length of each picture, pop dotted them on top of the pictures and added some bling to the center of each flower.

I hope ya'll enjoy the layout. Have a great day.


Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment