Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Glass Block Night Light

Last weekend I scrapbooked at the Barn in Bourg, LA. I spent the whole weekend with my favorite group of ladies the Mamarazzi's. I know most of you know who these ladies are, but for the ones that don't ........ when we get together there is so much sisterhood, laughter, craziness & a little scrapping. We all have our own styles but are willing to help out each other. I want the say a big THANK YOU to Sam for opening her home to us.



I saw this done on the message board for Cricut. They did a black vinyl frame with an initial in the middle. Since my grand daughters are having their own room now I decided to make them one. They are 3 and 4 yrs old so they go around calling themselves Princesses and they are.



The frame and the crown are from either Storybook or Dreams Come True (can't remember). I welded the design together on my new Gypsy. I love this little machine. I don't know all the ins and outs yet, but I will learn. The thing I like the best is I did not have to bring all my carts with me, just the Gypsy and my Cricut.



After putting the design on the block is when the real fun began. I was able to bling to my heart's content. I cut the backs off of some brads, put pearls, and lots of bling. I have pink tulle inside with a short string of clear Christmas lights. But I think the vinyl will show up better if I put white tulle inside. Just didn't have any on hand. I bought the ribbon and my friend Connie made the bow.

They also have the stands to set the blocks in. I had a great time making this project. I will be making one for my grandson's room. I will be posting other layouts I did this past weekend later. I even did my DT layout. That one you will have to wait until the 18th.

Have a great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment